STANDISH, Maine – Saint Joseph's College (8-2, 2-0 GNAC) defeated Regis College (4-5, 2-0 NECC), 71-57, in non-conference women's basketball action at the Harold Alfond Center on Thursday evening.
Sophomore Kelsi McNamara (West Newbury, Mass.), senior Abbie Eastman (Norway, Maine), and sophomore Emily Benway (Rochester, N.H.) netted 19, 18, and 16 points, respectively, to account for 53 of the Monks' total tally and Saint Joseph's scored 24 points off 22 Regis turnovers en route to the 14-point victory.
LEADERS – SAINT JOSEPH'S:
· McNamara tallied 19 points, three rebounds, and four assists while going 3-6 from downtown and 4-4 from the free throw line
· Eastman scored a career-high 18 points with two boards and three assists and made seven of nine attempts from the field
· Benway fell one rebound shy of a double-double with 16 points and nine caroms
· Sophomore Hannah Marks (Waldoboro, Maine) came off the bench to contribute nine points, four rebounds, three assists, and a pair of steals
· Sophomore Julia Champagne (Brunswick, Maine) added seven points, seven boards, and six assists
LEADERS – REGIS COLLEGE:
· Junior forward Brittany Stone (West Bridgewater, Mass.) posted an impressive double-double with 21 points and 13 rebounds and rejected five shots
· Senior forward Amanda Hawkesworth (Abington, Mass.) tallied nine points with three assists
· Sophomore forward Sam D'Angelo (Woburn, Mass.) came off the bench to score seven points with three caroms and a pair of steals
Both teams return to action facing conference foes this Saturday, when Saint Joseph's hosts Norwich University in a 1:00 PM start and Regis hosts Newbury College in a 3:00 PM tip-off.
Recap courtesy of Saint Joseph's Sports Information