Scott Wright was hired as the head coach of both the Regis men's and women's volleyball programs in 2012. In addition to his coaching duties, Wright acts as the Athletic Department's Equipment Manager. Wright holds nearly 20 years of coaching and player experience at the high school, club, and collegiate level.
On the women's side, Wright has steadily improved each season's finish with the last two seasons ending in undefeated NECC records and two league titles. Wright also earned conference coach of the year honors in both seasons.
Wright made an immediate impact after taking over the men's program. After three winless seasons in the first three years off the program, the Pride won the program's first match under Wright and in 2015 posted the first-ever winning conference record. 2016 saw the team go 8-2 in the NECC and qualify for postseason play for the second straight season.
Coach Wright received his Beach Impact certification recently which has assisted him in his venture to introduce more beach volleyball to younger players. This past May, he and fellow coaches began a club program. The program currently runs in various areas of Massachusetts and New Hampshire at local public beaches and offers all levels of players the opportunity to compete year round.
Wright grew up in Salem, N.H. graduating from Salem High School as a dual sport athlete. He was a four-year athlete for Rivier University (NH) in Men's Volleyball. He earned his bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice and after leaving Rivier, Scott spent two years working for the state of Massachusetts as a Social worker while continuing to coach the Salem High School boys volleyball program and Nor'East club.
Wright's playing career was spent at Rivier University in Nashua, N.H., including two as captain, and helped the Raiders to a top-10 ranking in the nation from 2005-2009. At Rivier, Scott left the program as an MVP, two-time GNAC 1st team selection, ranked in career and season highs in block and hitting percentage as well as aces per set. Wright is also an active player in New England and competes in both indoor and outdoor volleyball tournaments at the open level and has competed in the USAV National Volleyball Championships for the past seven years at the AA and A level receiving a 3rd place medal in 2010.
Wright also serves as the New England Collegiate Conference's representative for the New England Women's Volleyball Association's Division III Regional Advisory Committee, NCAA Division III Men's Volleyball Regional Advisory Committee, and AVCA Men's All-American Committee.
Wright received his Beach Impact certification recently which has assisted him in his venture to introduce more beach volleyball to younger players. This expirence will be useful in developing the indoor program here at Regis. This past May he and fellow coaches began a club program, The program currently runs in various areas of Massachusetts and New Hampshire at local public beaches and offers all levels of players the opportunity to compete year round.
Scott Wright's Volleyball Coaching Experience:
- Regis College Head Coach 2012-present
- Nor'East 18 Elite 2 Head Coach 2010-2012
- Varsity Head Coach at Salem High School 2010-2011
- Nor'East 18 Elite Assistant Coach 2009
- Junior Varsity Coach at Salem High School 2006-2010
- Nor'East 17 Elite Head Coach 2006-2008
Highlights from Regis Men's Volleyball past seasons
- Final win/loss record; 12-12 overall, 8-2 in conference
- Best conference record in program history
- Advanced to semifinals of NECC tournament as the No. 2 seed
- Final win/loss record; 12-16 overall, 7-5 in conference
- First winning conference season in program history
- Advanced to finals of NECC tournament
- landed two players on the NECC all-tournament team
- Final win/loss record; 12-11 overall, 6-6 in conference
- Fourth place seeding in NECC Conference
- First ever playoff berth
- First ever Semi Final Appearance
- NECC Rookie of the Year; Sean Bisnett
- NECC Team Sportsmanship Award
- NECC Team Sportsmanship Award